Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Working on my nephew's sweater

I've got the front and back done. Yeee Haah! I've started on the sleeves and have about a third of one done. I might have this thing finished by the end of the week.
A friend of mine went to Atlanta over the weekend to visit some old friends of hers that were celebrating 17 years together. They live in a suburb of Atlanta, very ritzy. She was telling me about their new house, 5000 square feet, and how much they had put down on it. $125,000. I thought that they had a freestanding mansion, NOOOOOOO, they have a condo. I can see those kind of prices in NY or LA, but Georgia? Anyway, she was telling me that she was going to Atlanta and I mentioned that it was Gay Pride weekend. She was so excited, Anyway, she went to the parade and walked blisters on her feet, but had a great time. Did I mention that her friend was celebrating 17 years with her girlfriend? Well she was, it is so nice to see any couple stay together that long.
Another friend in Houston, had tickets to go to a concert for Pride weekend. It was Margaret Cho, Cindy Lauper, Deborah Harry and Erasure. When he got there they made an announcement that they had persuaded Rosie O'Donnell to attend and perform also. Well, you know how it is, she quit another show and she wouldn't take the price is right, because they wouldn't let her do the show in NY. Poor thing, she said she doesn't need the money and wants to be able to spend time with her kids and girlfriend.
I sat home all weekend and knitted. LOL
Later,

No comments: